Sales & Business Development Leader
Come join a winning team!
e-Emphasys is a fast-growing enterprise software company that makes the industry’s leading ERP platform for Heavy Equipment dealerships. These are the guys who sell or rent-out the big yellow machines we see every day on our roads or construction sites. What we don’t always think about are the other big yellow machines in the mining, agriculture, forestry and material handling industries. We help their dealerships improve their performance, too. We are a smart bunch of folks who take great pride in the company we have built together. Today, we are over 250 employees with customers in seventeen countries. We are completely employee-owned, which means we decide what type of company we want to be. That’s pretty cool. We are always on the look-out for outstanding talent to join us on our journey. If you are looking for a true meritocracy where good ideas are championed from any corner, and you can check your ego at the door (but never your sense of humor) we may be the next right home for you. Oh, and we offer a competitive compensation package and a full benefits program – health, dental, vision, life, 401K – to every employee. That’s why so many of our folks have been with us for 10-15 years. We have the happiest customers and employees in the business.
Sales & Business Development Leader
We are looking for an energetic and experienced “Player-Coach” to run our Sales & Business Development teams. The “Player” responsibilities are to individually own and manage all the Business Development programs aimed at driving greater awareness of the e-Emphasys solution set within target Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of heavy equipment. We have historically focused our sales efforts at the dealership level, but we recognize the need to develop deeper strategic relationships with the OEMs that these dealerships represent. We are looking for an “industry insider” – an experienced sales or business development leader who brings existing relationships with leading OEMs such as Caterpillar, John Deere, Case New Holland, Volvo Construction Equipment (VCE), Komatsu etc. The objective is to build relationships within the dealer or retail development teams at these OEMs and demonstrate how our platform adds value to their dealerships (and thus to them) – ultimately resulting in their dealerships selecting e-Emphasys as their ERP platform. This is our “Top-Down” approach to driving sales.
The “Coach” responsibilities are to manage the day-to-day performance of our small Enterprise sales team that is focused exclusively at demonstrating the value of the e-Emphasys solution in driving improved business performance for Heavy Equipment dealerships. Our sales executives sell exclusively to heavy equipment dealerships, and directly targeting the dealership is our historic “Bottom-Up” approach to driving sales.
Our Sales & Business Development Leader will be based in our Cary, North Carolina Headquarters and will report directly to our President. The initial scope of focus (defined territory) will be North America, but this role has the potential to develop into global responsibility.
“Player” Key Responsibilities:
- Create and execute the multi-year business development strategy.
- Works closely with our senior leadership team to determine the right strategy for pursuing the Top Equipment OEMs that e-Emphasys does not presently have a deep relationship with.
- Owns the Master OEM Target Account List for the defined territory and provides thought leadership as a trusted IT advisor to help educate these OEMs on the e-Emphasys ERP solution set and services, and how they add value to their dealerships.
- Build relationships within the OEM, and uncovers dealership-level ERP sales opportunities that the ERP sales team can pursue.
- Develops business development best practices aimed at securing repeatable and expansive opportunities across multiple named OEM accounts.
- Develop strategic relationships with key OEM employees, their retail channel (dealerships), current or potential partners and industry organizations as appropriate.
- Identify/qualify new growth markets to include adjacent markets and customers.
“Coach” Key Responsibilities:
- Build a high performance business development team by hiring, developing, and retaining strong talent.
- Manage the day-to-day performance of the ERP sales team and measure their activity levels against goal KPIs as outlined in their annual business plan.
- Assist the sales team in Target Account Selling (TAS), quarterly account planning and business reviews, and conducts account planning for all strategic accounts.
- Works closely with the Head of Marketing on marketing campaigns.
Ensure deep adoption rates of our CRM tool and produce scheduled sales reports for executive management.
- Leads all efforts to establish, develop, and expand e-Emphasys brand awareness within the dealership community for the named OEMs leading to new opportunities for the sales team.
Things You Bring to The Table:
This is a unique “Hybrid” role that requires deep existing relationships and business contacts within our named OEM targets, especially within their retail or dealer development teams.
- Previous experience in sales management working forOEMs, dealership and rental companies of heavy equipment, or closely related industries, is required.
- Strong value-based and consultative solution methodology in building multi-level relationships within target organizations (both OEMs and their respective dealerships).
- Previous experience with ERP or Enterprise / Applications Software greatly preferred.
- Experience leading and managing (using quantitative metrics) a small and nimble software sales team.
- Experience with using a CRM (especially MSFT Dynamics or SFDC) and providing sales reports to management directly through the CRM tool.
A four-year College education in related field from a leading institution required. MBA is highly recommended
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently in a start-up like environment. Willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to “get the job done”.
- Drive for results, passion for building relationships, strategic thinking and thought leadership combined with flexibility, agility, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is critical to success.
- Strong negotiation & contract skills a must
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while handling complex issues
- Exceptional people skills – including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client & internal relationships
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales & Business Development Leader” as the subject.